Monday, April 30, 2012

Time: George Ferris


        "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -Stephen Hawking

        I spend a lot of time questioning what I "know".  I'm a big believer in the fact that we learn more from what we're told what not to do, that less is more, and that there are more than the three dimensions.  The three dimensions that make up our coherent space are length, width, and depth.  Time is the "fourth dimension" as it cuts right through our world: irreversible and relative.  This image is an introspective take on my search for understanding; my search for another dimension.  

-George Ferris
Photographer, cyclist, dog lover (in no particular order.) Let's chat.

1 comment:

  1. YES! I love this. The photo is simply stunning, I immediately get the sense of searching for understanding and a new dimension. I really like your text, esp. the part saying "Time is the fourth dimension." The way you ended your text up with your 160 word summary of yourself was great, and the way you linked to your "Let's chat" was very clever. I want a print of this! Great work!

    ReplyDelete