Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Elements: Christi Bode

Dried creek bed - Parker, CO

An abandoned rusting doll stroller lays on the edge of the dried creek bed.  Impressions of Teva sandal footprints vanish off into the distance.  Canine fecal matter in piles of pyramidal magnitudes decorate the sandy path.  I look up and take in my surroundings; I am neither in a litter box or the Dust Bowl of the 1930s.  Cookie-cutter houses line the large open-space, guarded by a wooden fence surrounding the perimeter; they are protected from the wild jungle down here in the sand.  This sand feels anything but inviting.  Taking off my shoes wasn't an option.
I picked up the remainders of the rusty stroller and threw it in the trash.  Sand is a delicate element of the environment and needs to be treated like gold.

Sincerely the Treehugger,
Christi B.




No comments:

Post a Comment