Monday, October 11, 2010

Red: Christina Kissel

Nobody can deny that vibrant red lipstick was a major fad for women in the 90's. I watched my Mom wear it every day, and I couldn't wait until the day I got to wear it, there were even days I would sneak into my Mom's makeup bag and smear it all over my face. Unfortunately I do not have a digital copy of this evidence. Regardless red lipstick is the first thing that came to mind when we decided on the color red for this assignment. Maybe someday I will have a reason to wear bright red lipstick to fulfill the inner childhood dream of mine. Emily Schulte was my beautiful model for this photograph.

2 comments:

  1. Oh adorable looking Emily S. Nice use of D.O.F. A little magenta for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the photo itself is nice. But I don't see this as the concept red. If I was asked what is the concept of this image, then I would have said young girl, or senior portraits. Your story line as to why her lipstick is red was very cute, and reminded me of watching my Grandma putting on her bright red lipstick.

    ReplyDelete