Monday, October 8, 2012

Macro: Ryan Bilawsky



Whenever I think of Macro photography, I always think of those National Geographic photos of bugs really close up so you can see their spectacular detail. I wanted to use that same concept but with a different subject. Macro photography is a fascinating way to show detail that is unforeseen by the human eye. So, for my subject I chose this skateboard wheel. Skateboarding has got to be one the most frustrating and stressful sports to learn and most definitely one of the most difficult to master. During all of these trials and tribulations of learning that new trick, your main tool, the Skateboard, goes through far more stress and destruction than you do. In this shot, I wanted to show the gritty detail of just one part of a skateboard that takes some of the heaviest beatings.

- Ryan Bilawsky

No comments:

Post a Comment