Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Distortion: Andrew Wyman

Considering that I grew up around guitars, when I hear the word distortion, I think of guitar pedals. Pedals that make your guitar sound nothing like it should. These pedals are the musical equivalent of Photoshop to photographers. You can make something amazing from next to nothing.

To an MC, distortion may mean feedback from the microphone, or a misunderstanding of his message.



Today, as a photographer, distortion means something completely different to me. Now, I think of lens distortion. Maybe my new path is creating a different type of distortion all together. My view of my past, present and future has become distorted (in a good way) because it isn’t the same view I had a few years ago.

Also, check out my boy Grizz (pictured above) on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment