Monday, August 6, 2012

Movement - Shalia Boggs


Horses have been a form of movement for a long time.  Over a century ago, they transported people across our country.  Today, they are kept as companions more than anything.
Northern Montana has been my home since I was born.  Growing up on a ranch, I was always exposed to horses and cattle.  Riding horses to move the cattle was one of my favorite things to do.  Red was my horse, my baby.  He knew where we were at all times, and knew how to get us back home when I got us lost.
I photographed this horse at the DreamCatchers Equine Rescue Inc. which is a place that rescues horses.  At the rescue, there are over 100 horses available for adoption.  This horse, Tigger, was rescued by a friend and her daughter.
Much like the horse above, Red's legs were a dark red with one white sock.  Every time I get around horses, I remember him and the feelings of home.

1 comment:

  1. Shalia,
    I like the angle of this shot - nice perspective.

    Tip

    ReplyDelete