Monday, August 29, 2011

Fusion - Danielle Mondragon


There is a building on 38th and Walnut that has been set on fire. Twice. Despite both of the blazes that were set the building still stands tall. It is a sort of eerie piece of art work with graffiti lined on the inside and outside walls, an open air ceiling with parts of walls still attached. While taking a walk I noticed a sticker on the light post. It created a fusion of ideas in my head that I haven't been able to get out. The building for me represents the idea of art and its impact upon my life. While the building has been set ablaze, it still remains to stand. Art for me is a journey that I hope to continue to pursue with a fiery passion and through the ups and downs, I hope that the fire within me doesn't burn itself out.

Danielle Mondragon

danielle.mondragon@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment