Monday, July 25, 2011

Weather: Myles Hessling

These images were taken last Thursday night during a severe thunderstorm. I saw the lightning in he distance around sunset, and knew there would be a good opputunity for some long exposure, lightning shots. So I got my gear together, and as I walked out the door, it had just begun to sprinkle. By the time I had driven the 10 blocks to my location, sheets of rain were pouring down, visability was at a minimum, and the streets had become canals. This was a moment I was happy I had my Canon 7D, with its professional wethear sealing. The camera had less problems in the rain than he photographer. Once I reachd my spot, which required going through streets with knee deep waters, I set up my camera and began firing away. As you can see, the images were worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment