Monday, February 28, 2011

RICH - DREW LUNDQUIST



"All men dream: but not equally." To be 'rich' in wealth, good company, territory, flavor or vibrance, it was difficult to determine what I thought the word should mean; 'plentiful' and 'abundant' according to Websters. I struggled to find a good representation of the word and eventually confused myself, hindering any creative progress. Being rich in color or flavor was an initial plan but I never really felt good about any of the shots I got. There's a reason why I distance myself from food photography. For as long as I can remember, I've fantasized about venturing off to uncharted islands, in search of buried treasure. It's right up there with learning the ways of the Force, and flying, so, in short, this is a representation of the search for wealth (to become rich)
A bit of a stretch I know, but finding treasure is about as likely as me becoming rich; but that's fine I don't need to be rich, I just don't want to struggle.
(note: I also got to play with fire)

Inspired by the popular video game series "Uncharted" by Naughty Dog
Outfit Reference Photo

Drew Lundquist BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment