Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Death- Philip Burdette

the poison in my blood
makes the night seem a little brighter
may make my heart seem lighter
but it just hides the emptiness inside
sharpens the craving for a touch
makes me forget how long it’s been
come and dance with me
watch the smile light my face
watch me act like I don’t care
listen to my easy laughter
but don’t look in my eyes
ignore the shadows lurking there
whisper softly in my ear
make those hollow promises
try to make me believe
and I might pretend it’s all ok
may act like I’m going to stay
tell myself it’s not a lie
but it’s just the poison
pulling me to you
and it’ll only last for tonight

written by Danielle Mundy

1 comment:

  1. This image is very interesting. At first glance I thought it was a brain, in reality it is a mushroom. The poem added a lot to the image because a lot of people would be a little confused.

    ReplyDelete