Sunday, August 8, 2010

Color? How about Color Blindness!


What is color? Most people don’t think twice about the colors they are seeing when they look at a rainbow or a bouquet of flowers. Wikipedia defines it as "the visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, green, blue and others." I define color as one of my personal hells. I love to look at the things of color, but in the last 10 months I have had to re-evaluate what I see. Color is not equal for all people, for those of us who are color blind and love the art of photography or any art form that involves color, it is definitely not equal. When you look at something and you are not sure what color you are looking at, it can be really frustrating. I found out I was colorblind 25 years ago and it explained a lot of things growing up. Last November I had my color blindness retested and I found out it has gotten worse. Taking color photographs is great and I love to do it. PRINTING color photographs can be somewhat challenging. Why? Color cast! So what is color? What you see is probably not what I see. But the real question is who see's the more beautiful color image? Do you appreciates your color vision or take it for granted?

No comments:

Post a Comment