Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanks: David C. Benson


Thanks

It would have been easy, convenient and down right predictable to capture an image at Thanksgiving of the bird, the dinner table or the carnivorous, tryptophan laced guests around the dinner table, but I didn’t, that’s just not my style.

Instead this year on Thanksgiving weekend, I set off on picture taking adventure and gave thanks to Mother (i.e. Mother Nature) and the grand queen of the Rockies, the great state of Colorado.  Not many states can provide you the vistas or the golden hour colors as a November day in Colorado.  When Mother Nature intervenes and grants you sunny skies and 70+ degrees how can you complain?

This year I gave heartfelt verbal thanks and expressed my true blessings on “Tday” to my family members, my dog and my 8,000 friends at the Turkey Trot in Washington Park.  I spent the balance of the weekend taking images and enjoying the great Colorado outdoors and appreciating the freedoms and the rights we have in this great country. 

It may sound a little too overly patriotic or semi-pedantic but, there are days you just need to sit back, soak it all in and appreciate the planet and the place that you are in! 

I did however appreciate the way in which facebook allows us to share our thanks like never before!

No comments:

Post a Comment