Monday, January 31, 2011

Texture: Ariel Elich



As a child, one of my favorite things to do was draw designs in the steamed up mirror after someone had taken a shower and see how the steam and water droplets distorted my image. Now every time I get out of the shower and swipe the mirror to see myself I have a small flashback of sitting on the bathroom counter making faces as my self and laughing at the distortion of my face. As I got older I began to notice the texture the mirror and water would create, so I did a self portrait (the first I have ever done), to bring me back to the simple entertainment of my childhood and to experiment with the inherent texture of water on glass. But what I got was an image that more disturbs me then elates me. In this image I have become an eyeless texture filled "THING".

No comments:

Post a Comment